3/20/11

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Books and animals. Two topics I love to talk about. I cannot count the number of times I have wished my four legged "babies" could talk. It would be so much easier to help them when they are sick or scared, right? I talk to them all the time anyway, so it would be great if they could carry their side of the conversation. I know it is silly but I would love to know what my furry friends are thinking.
I just finished the book, The Art of Racing in the Rain. This was a quick read that I enjoyed very much. This story was a story about a man and his dog told through the dog's perspective. The dog was sharing the experiences he shared with his human. It was very interesting to me how this dog understood so much of our lives but of course was limited by his species. The only way he could communicate a response was through gestures. I realize this was just a story but I did enjoy the bond between the animal and humans. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes animals.
I had to smile the other day when my son expressed to me that he wished our dog could talk. I have never shared that secret wish of my own so this was something he had thought of by himself. I have a feeling we are not the only ones to have this thought cross our minds.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished