3/17/11

My new favorite ingredient...

My husband says I'm going to turn into a horse. My horse crazy daughter would love for that to happen. He says this because I cannot get enough oats these days. Recently, I've been on a mission to take high fructose corn syrup out of our diets. This has led me to find as many recipes that I can find to make for breakfast for the family. I now feel guilty just pouring cereal into a bowl and placing it in front of my kiddos. The good news is that there are so many great foods out there that are healthy, yummy and surprisingly quick to make. I have been experimenting with lots of new foods served at all meal times of the day. But I find it amazing, how many recipes call for oats. And I love them! I've been making homemade granola, protein bars, smoothies and of course the obvious, several varieties of oatmeal. It makes a filling breakfast, a healthy snack and freezes great for on the go foods. I am having so much fun in the kitchen. I love cooking for my family food that tastes great and knowing that what I am feeding them is healthy.

1 comment :

  1. I've been reading Letters of a Woman Homesteader, and they ate all sorts of things for breakfast, mostly protein rich things like squirrel, rabbit, beef, sausage. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished