5/1/11

Confessions...

Ok, I did it.  I don't think I've ever done it before, but I did it today.  The hubby and I took the kiddos out to see a movie (it seemed like the perfect thing to do on another rainy day).  Before we left, we decided to air pop our own popcorn and take it with us.  I hang my head in shame.  This is so wrong.  I feel guilty that I even suggested it (yes, I was the one). 


The cost of the movie tickets and snacks alone is a blog topic for another day.  It actually cost over $10. to buy 1 small drink and 1 medium drink.  That is ridiculous.  Like I said, another topic for another day.  My reason for providing my own treats for the movie is the calories.  According to Answers.com, a small movie popcorn with NO butter added, is....570 calories!  And who eats movie popcorn without butter?  Not me.  For some reason, I love my air popped popcorn from home.  About.com says that a serving of air popped popcorn is 3 cups and you can enjoy every last crunch because those three cups will only cost you 93 calories.  At 93 calories, feel free to eat more.  I love air popped popcorn and I do not need to add anything to it. 

So I made my popcorn at home.  Bagged it, and stowed it away in my big purse.  I actually told my kids that we were not really supposed to do this so don't ask for it.  I assured them when the lights went out I would pass it out.  I was just not going to win today.  I would feel guilty if I ate the movie popcorn and I would  feel guilty if I smuggled in my own popcorn.  I know I always have the choice to skip the popcorn but seriously people, what is a movie experience without popcorn?  When are the theaters going to start providing a choice in popcorn that isn't going to consume more than half of my daily calorie intake?

1 comment :

  1. I am a fatty as you can see... Lol...but I smuggle my own popcorn in there too! Because I'm trying to get back on track and I love airpopped popcorn! Movie popcorn leaves me feeling sick to my stomach. I add a little garlic powder, freeze dried chives, and pinch of salt! -- Mer

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished