5/16/11

Homemade Gifts :)

My daughter graduates from Preschool on Wednesday.  I am sad to say goodbye to both of her teachers.  These are terrific women.  So full of energy and ideas.  They taught my son last year and all summer my little girl was excited to be in their classroom.  And now it is over.   I am going to miss this great team of women.  As a way to say thank you, my daughter and I worked this afternoon to make a homemade gift for each of them. They turned out so cute, I wanted to pass it along.

Milk Bath Cookies
2 C dry milk powder
1 C cornstarch
5 drops of fragrant oil (We used vanilla cupcake and they smell FABULOUS)
2 Tablespoons canola oil
Decorating sugars or candies (optional)

Do Not Eat!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with foil, Set aside.

Mix all ingrediants except decorating sugars/candies in a large mixing bowl.  If mixture is too dry to hold its shape, slowly add 1/2 teaspoon more oil until you get a good molding consistency. (I had to add quite a bit extra)

Pat down dough with hands until 1/4 inch thickness.  Using a cookie cutter, cut out soap cookies and place each on cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with decorating sugars/candies, if using.

Bake for 10 to 12 mins., remove from oven and cool.  Place in a covered container or wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbons.  Soap lasts up to 2 months.

Use 1 to 2 cookies per bath by adding them to running bath water. 

My kiddo and I had a great time making these together.  They were very simple to make and she could be very hands on with this project.  They look so pretty and she is so proud of the work she did.  I wrote a little tag with the directions and attached with a ribbon. 


Recipe from Spa Princess Cookbook by Barbara Beery

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished