6/20/11

Coffee Plant


It is not secret around our house, that Andy is the one with the green thumb.  He really enjoys designing and working on the flowerbeds and pots.  Neighbors, friends and family who drop by are constantly commenting on our beautiful yard.  I agree, it is beautiful.  And I really enjoy looking at it :)

Here are a few examples of his work...


 Of course, pictures don't do my yard justice but it gives you an idea. 

One day, I grudgingly went to the local nursery and could not believe when I found a Coffee Plant in this adorable coffee mug pot.  I had to have it of course, so I picked one out and brought it home.  If it does well enough, it will actually grow coffee beans!  I was very excited about this. 

I've had it for a few months now and sadly, this is what it looks like now.  
Not looking so good for my plant.  Between my cat and what I've learned is a lack of humidity, this plant is not looking very well.  Of course, now, after it has taken a turn for the worse, I decided to do some research.  I have learned a few things.  I suspect I will be purchasing a new coffee plant and starting over.  I love the idea of having a coffee plant.  I will be much better with the next one.  I will keep you posted and hopefully, I will have a nice picture to show off for a future post!

1 comment :

  1. Dawn, I love the coffee mug too! We've tried having tropical plants with pretty much the same result. I hate to mention it but do you think it needs a bigger pot now? Good luck with it. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished