6/14/11

If today was your last day

How's this for a deep thought? What if today was your last day? If you knew it, how would it make a difference in how you go through your day?

If Today Was Your Last Day, is a song by Nickelback. I've heard it so many times and today I was really struck by the whole idea. If this was my last day, would I get over the little things that bug me? Would I give my time to meet the needs of others? Who would I spend that time with? Would I be at peace with the choices I've made?

I would like to say "yes" to all of these questions. But I don't know for sure if that would be true.

I do know, I wouldn't want to know when my last day is going to be. I think that would be very stressful. I would be sad trying to say goodbye to everyone I love. I would keep wondering, "Is it going to happen now? Now?".

What a downer, right? While I don't want to know when I'm going to die, I have thought about a few things that are important to me.

I do not want to have regrets. I do not want unspoken words left between myself and someone I care about. I want to spend my time helping others. I want to spend more time thinking of others and less focused on myself. I want to make more fun memories with my husband and kids.

These are some ideas I want to strive for on a daily basis. If today was your last day, how would you live it differently?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished