6/12/11

The Magic of Trains

On my way to church this morning, I noticed a train running along the side of the highway. It made me think back to when my kiddos were younger.

As the back seat got louder and even fussy, I would say these simple words, "let's see if we can find a choo-choo!". That was all it took and the noise level would drop, the fighting, the tears, etc. and everyone would look for a train. Sometimes there was one to find and other times it was just a distraction. It was a temporary solution but you can't be choosy when you are busy driving.

What is it about a train that is so fascinating to children. Boys and girls alike. My son was one to play with the toy trains. My daughter, not so much. But even she enjoyed spotting a train. Personally, I think they are noisy and ugly. The trains we see are
not passenger trains, they are freight cars. Maybe the passenger cars look nicer.

As I was crossing the river this morning, I couldn't help but smile as I remembered these train spotting moments. The kids are getting big so fast. I'm glad I remember some of these little things.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished