6/22/11

Making A Mess

One of my downfalls as a mommy is that I have a very hard time making a mess which means I have a very hard time letting the Mini's make a mess. I feel guilty about this a lot.

Preschool was great because they both made crafts every day they had school. This helped me feel a little better about myself. If I couldn't make a mess with them, at least I was providing the opportunity for them to make messes elsewhere.

I know...lame. It is very frustrating for me. I want to be a fun mommy that does messy activities with my kiddos. But I'm usually so stressed by the messes and get easily frustrated that there isn't much room left for fun.

But I'm trying. I'm trying to be better. I'm trying to remember that messes clean up. I'm trying to show my children that it is okay to make a mess sometimes, as long as we clean up afterwards.

I've started to let them help me bake muffins. Pour in this, stir that. Today we did a craft. We all had fun. We used paper towels, food coloring and pipe cleaners to make butterflies. Anything that involves food coloring is messy. But we did good. I mixed the colors and the kiddos did a great job making their butterflies. My hands are a stained mess but I kind of like it. All afternoon I've been looking at them and remembering the fun we had. This was just a small step but I think it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Who knows what we will get into next. What are some messy projects you have made? I'm looking for ideas as I try to loosen up and help my kids be creative.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment :

  1. I wish I could help. But I am the same way. Especially since I became Mr Mom of the house. I go nuts when there is a mess that isn't cleaned up. It has become a big problem at the Rowland Ranch.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished