6/9/11

New Foods

Tomorrow, Andy and I will celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. The kids are going to my parents' house for the night. And we have reservations for dinner. We are going to a Thai restaurant. I have been once before but it will be a first for Andy.

I am already thinking about what I'm going to eat ;) While thinking about my special meal to come, I realized that since I have learned to eat much healthier, I have become a bit more adventurous in the foods I eat.

Eating better sometimes leads to boredom. You start to feel comfortable with your "good choices" and don't want to stray. But you can only eat the same foods for so long before you either give up or get desperate enough to try new "good choices".

I have learned that I like many things I would never have touched before I lost all my weight. I love asparagus, fresh brussels sprouts and zucchini. I lived through almost 30 yrs. before I gave these veggies a chance. And I really, really like them. I also really like beans. Many different kinds of beans. Black beans, kidney beans, chick peas and more.

I will admit I was hesitant to go to the Thai restaurant but I went and could not believe how much I enjoyed my meal. I am very much looking forward to eating out with my husband sans kiddos tomorrow. I hope he finds something yummy to try.

Happy Anniversary Andy!

Have you ever gotten tired of eating the same old foods? Leave a comment sharing a new food that you were surprised to find you like.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished