6/7/11

Plan B

Today was a big day in our house.  We have completed the first year of school.  I feel that is a big milestone and wanted to celebrate with something special.  So I packed my kiddos into the car and took them out to lunch.  After our yummy meal, we headed over to a local farm to pick strawberries. 

Picking strawberries is something I have wanted to do for a few years, I just never got around to it.  I thought today would be the perfect day to make our way over there and pick some of those delicious berries.  We were so excited.  None of us had ever done this and we all love strawberries so how could this go wrong?  I grabbed my camera and we were ready!

We got to the farm to find out that most of the berries have already been picked over.  There wasn't much left for us to pick.  They employee made it sound like it would be a waste of our time to even try.  That was a major bummer.  So much for the perfect way to kick off our summer :( 

On to Plan B...I called a friend to see if she wanted to get our kids together.  She invited us over to her house to hang out.  So, once again we were off.  The weather was  beautiful.  The coffee was good.  The kids had fun. 

No one seems to mind the lack of water in this pool.
  We spent most of our time outside.  There was a baby pool with just bit of water in the bottom.  This didn't stop the kids from having a blast.  This was a spur of the moment get together so we weren't prepared for water play.  I just let the kids get soaked in their clothes.  It's just water, it'll dry (and I'm not the one who has to sit in the wet seat, haha).  The important thing was they were playing outside and having fun. 


More outside fun :)

Although I'm still disappointed we didn't get to pick our own strawberries, I had a great afternoon spent with a good friend.  The afternoon flew by and before I knew it, it was time to rush home and get dinner started.  I haven't completely given up on the berry picking idea.  I may call around and see if I can find another local farm that hasn't been wiped out yet. 

I am very much looking forward to our first summer break from school.  I am hoping to make lots of memories and spend lots of time with friends.  And I am REALLY looking forward to not running out the door every morning trying to beat the clock at 8 each morning.  Happy Summer everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished