7/21/11

Electronics Are Not My Friend

Ha! So I've always been a self-proclaimed techno-idiot. I'm afraid of what I don't understand I guess. And with the way things are going at our house, I'm not feeling much better.

A few weeks ago(at least 3) my little darlings came outside to tell Andy and I that the TV went red, whatever that means. It was a Saturday. And it was a holiday weekend so I had to wait until Tuesday to call for help. This was a bit distressing because our huge Sony flatscreen was only 2 1/2 yrs old. Finally a repair guy shows up. He repeatedly insults me over the dust behind my TV and then he says he'll call with an estimate. That estimate was over $500. With a 50/50 chance of fixing the problem. There is a 50% chance we just need to replace the whole TV. My hubby decided to do some research and found the part at a much nicer $65. and he even got the repair guy to agree to install the part if we bought it on our own. Of course...now the part is out of stock. So here we are almost 4 weeks later, with no TV.

Honestly, I don't miss the TV. I don't have to hear constant pleas of, "can we watch tv? Can I play my wii?". It's great! Andy doesn't think it's so great but I'm surprised how easy it was for me to give up.

TV down...next to fail...laptop. This too is only a little over 2 yrs old. Anyway, the first place I took it to was gonna charge me a flat fee of $369. And then "fix it no matter what". Gee really, for that price what couldn't you fix? But what if it only needed a $30 part? So off to another store I went. This place at least sent it away first before they came back with a price. A week went by, the call came in, it's gonna be over $200. to get this machine fixed and back to us. No idea when we will get that back. I am feeling the loss of the laptop a little more than the tv. I feel anxious over not being able to backup my iPhone on my computer.

I have no idea what we've done to make these electronics gang up on us. It's not like we forgot to feed them or anything like that. Oh well, eventually, we will have our TV and laptop back. Our pockets will be lighter, but somehow the tricky balance of electronics and techno-idiot will be reset.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished