7/4/11

Five Things To Do While Kids Are Away

This morning, Andy loaded the Mini's into his car and drove them to his parents' house. They will be gone for a week While this isn't the first time away from my kiddos, it is the farthest they've been from us as well as the longest they've been away.

This is going to be a great week for them. It is going to be an exhausting week for Grandma and Pop-Pop, hopefully filled with lots of fun memories. Only the first of many summer visits to come I'm sure.

Tonight I spoke to both the kiddos and they were having so much fun. They were super silly, cracking jokes that only 4 and 6 yr. olds would find funny. They were laughing and sounded full of joy.

So what am I going to do this week? I'm not exactly sure. Here are a few ideas I have come up with.
1. Scrapbook. This won't take very long but it will be nice to be able to spread out and not have to share all my supplies with my mini crafter.
2. Read a little. I love to read but I learned last week during my airport stays, you can grow tired of reading.
3. Run some errands I've been putting off because it's just a hassle to do with the kiddos involved. Post office, bank, returns to Target, etc.
4. Enjoy grown up time. My sister is in town. And this week, when she visits me I don't have to share her.
5. Go to the gym and not feel bad about making my kids hang out in the child watch room that they glumly call, "the baby room".

**BONUS**
6. I will sleep in each morning :)

Who knows what else this week will bring? I'm sure by the end of the week I will get in the groove of doing what I want when I want to do it. I expect some challenges when my little ones are returned to me. But I am glad they have this chance to spend with their grandparents. I'm going to miss them lots. I'll talk to them every day. I'll listen to the stories they tell...And I'll be so happy give them hugs and kisses when they come home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished