7/11/11

Green Smoothies

I did it. I can't believe I did it. But I was curious. Today I was crunched for time so this was a good day to give it a try.

What did I try? I made (and drank) a Green Smoothie. It was surprisingly good.

What is a Green Smoothie! Glad you asked. Just yesterday, I was asking myself the same thing. Basically, a Green Smoothie is a Smoothie made of different greens (yes, veggies) mixed with fresh fruit. It is a whole dietary movement where the goal is to eat raw foods. Because this is where we gain the most health benefits from our food.

I am not interested in converting to this as a lifestyle but I will make this Smoothie again to enjoy for a snack or meal.

I used a handful of baby spinach and some romaine lettuce. Then I poured in a little juice. Finally, I added some strawberries, blueberries a banana and a few ice cubes.

This combination was surprisingly good. I kept reading that these drinks taste mostly like the fruit you use. I found this to be true. The greens were chopped so small, it felt like a strawberry seed or a piece of blueberry skin. I really couldn't tell there was lettuce or spinach in my drink. The color of my drink was interesting but it tasted good.

I would definitely make this again. I might even throw a few more veggies in for the extra nutrition. Why not? Especially if I can't taste them. I think I'm going to try to sneak some spinach into the next Smoothie I make for the kiddos. Shhh...don't tell.

What do you think about the Green Smoothie? Would you try it? What are your thoughts?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished