7/18/11

Homemade Peanut Butter


I am a huge fan of peanut butter. Spread it on almost anything or simply eat it by itself. But I am not a fan of all the extra ingredients in peanut butter. After several months of making my ow b almond butter for my family to use in place of good old PB, I decided I would try to make my own Peanut Butter. And I LOVE it. We have a winner!

Two simple ingredients. Can't get easier than that. It's fresh. And without all the extras I don't like in store bought PB.

I get my peanuts from the bulk foods section. About 1 1-2 scoops of dry roasted, no salt peanuts. Plus 1/2 scoop of dry roasted with salt peanuts.

Pour all peanuts into food processor. And turn on. That's it! Le it go for about 10 mins until it is as smooth as you like your PB. I put my PB in a container. Then add my second ingredient. About 1 to 1 1/1 teaspoons of agave nectar. Agave nectar is absorbed slowly which prevents spikes in blood sugar Stir thoroughly. And refrigerate.

It is easier to spread if you take it out of the fridge a few mins before you use or I like to pop it in the microwave for about 10 secs.

Super easy. Super yummy. And super healthy.


-Give a holler if you give it a try.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished