7/20/11

Just an observation

Tuesday was a very hard day for me. From the moment I woke up, I felt exhausted. There was no reason for this extreme tiredness. I went to bed at normal time, I got up at the same time as usual. My back was hurting, (I haven't been doing my press ups but don't tell my physical therapist) but so what?

I fumbled my way through the day. I was cranky. All I could think about was my back pain and how tired I felt. My kids were so good and practically took care of themselves that day. I was there in body but I was barely participating in the life that was happening around me.

Andy came home and was trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Although I appreciated the concern, he was really just annoying me. As if it wasn't hard enough to keep my attitude in check (afterall, it wasn't his fault I felt so bad) he went on to lecture me on how I've really slacked on doing my physical therapy exercises. Totally true, but not the time.

So after dinner I asked him to help me with my press ups. Having his weight on my lower back has always been most effective for me. The very first press up was accompanied by a "pop...pop!". And almost instantly I started to feel better. It was amazing. I finished my press ups and within minutes my back pain was gone. *for the record, I had done a few sets of press ups throughout the day, I just needed his weight to act as resistance. *

20 minutes or so later, I felt like a totally different person. I didn't hurt and I wasn't exhausted. I've heard that pain can cause fatigue. And I've experienced this with chronic pain that for the most part I have controlled. This felt like a direct cause and effect situation. While the majority of the day was miserable and I couldn't wait for it to end, I was so glad to have had a complete turnaround. I was able to enjoy the evening with my little girl.

In my mind there was definitely a link between my pain and exhaustion. It struck me once again how complex our bodies are. Our bodies are designed to do great things. And seeing how our body is all connected within is fascinating to me. Although I could have done without the pain, it was another chance for me to marvel at the human body.

What do you find amazing about the human body? Have you ever thought about all our bodies are capable of? How it is all so connected? Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished