8/22/11

BC Day 6

Day 6: A picture of you as a baby

-------



Again, I must change the daily topic. The problem...I don't have any pictures of me as a baby. My mom has tons of them, but that doesn't help me right now.



So, while hanging with my sister aka Dr. Sis, she discovered a "family heirloom", haha. And I decided to share this with you. I realize, you will not quite get it. But that's ok. It's just fun for me to think of all the quick chuckles we have shared over this small item we have jokingly called an heirloom. Okay, are you ready for the big reveal?













Any guesses? Honestly, I don't know what you call it. We've always called it the Gold Ball. This ball used to sit atop my daybed as I was growing up. My sister and I shared a room. And one night, when I couldn't sleep and I wanted her attention, I took it off of my bedpost and threw it over to her. An impulsive act that some 20 yrs later still brings a smile to my face as I recall it.



This Gold Ball has a story of it's own now. When my parents got rid of our fatness, they kept one more Gold Ball so we could each have our own. It disappears for a while, then resurfaces bringing a smile with it. One time it had been discovered at my parents house so they sent it to my sister when she lived in Oklahoma.



Very simple. Super silly. But this is a special memory shared only by Dr. Sis and I. I'm glad she found the Gold Ball while I was at her place. Just another memory associated with that scratched up, shiny Gold Ball.



Check back tomorrow to see what Day 7 will reveal.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished