8/24/11

BC Day 8

Day 8: Places I've travelled

---------
Hmmm, I guess I am a homebody. I do not travel very far or very often.

My family of four takes a trip to Cape May, NJ every year for vacation. We love this quaint town. There is so much to do and yet it is still pretty quiet, which means not wry commercialized.

Earlier this summer I flew to Tulsa, OK to see my sister graduate from her Residency program. And very recently, last weekend in fact, my youngest and I drove to NC to help my sister settle into her new home.

Andy and I seem to get away once or twice a year without the Mini's. But we've only gotten as far as Philly, Annapolis and New York City.

I would like to travel more. I really would. I look forward to taking big trips with the kids as they get older. At some point I will also be able to go on a big trip without my children. You know, on a cruise ore across the ocean. For right now, that kind of distance between me and them makes me panicky. When I do take such a trip, I want to enjoy it not be consumed with fear and guilt. Some day...

Hopefully when that day comes, I will still be enjoying Java Talk and I'll be able to share those adventures with you then.

1 comment :

  1. I know what you mean about not traveling as much when the kids are small. I did all of my big traveling before I got married and had the kids. After that it was little trips, here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished