8/3/11

A Fun Tip

My new treat to myself is iced coffee. While I love to grab a cup from a cafe, it gets too expensive.

My new delight is making my own iced coffee at home and keeping a pitcher of it in the fridge.

However much you brew, be sure your coffee/water ratio is right. That means, if you are making ten cups (5 scoops of coffee), only use enough water for five cups. Don't worry about this yummy brew being too strong. As the ice melts, it dilutes the coffee.

I fill a pitcher halfway with ice and then add the coffee. I store it as black coffee and add creamer and ice to my individual cup as I pour each serving.

It is so easy. I did a little research and it can store in the fridge for at least a week, it's similar to iced tea.

For my first pitcher, I made it decaf, this way I can enjoy it in the afternoon or even before bed. Leaded or unleaded doesn't matter. It's so simple and super yummy! I don't know why it never crossed my mind before.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished