8/8/11

Happy Birthday Peanut!

One of my favorite pics.

Today is my doggie girl Peanut's birthday.  She is 13 yrs. old.  She is a retired racing greyhound.  Peanut is one of the major joys in my life.  Her racing name was Authentic Free, but her kennel name was Peanut.  Before she came to us, we were going to name her Daisy or Belle, but when we heard her name was Peanut, we thought it was cute, so we kept  it. It is hard to believe she came to us over 8 yrs. ago.


She is such a sweet dog.  So gentle.  She never barks, doesn't beg, and when she was younger, it made my heart smile as she ran around the backyard.  I love to talk about her, and I could go on and on.  But I wont.  I've never made her a cake or done anything much to honor her birth.  Today she is in good health but I realize she wont be with us forever.  So, I decided the other day to find a recipe online for a dog friendly cake.  It was very quick to make.  My daughter and I decided to make cupcakes so that she could enjoy her treat over the next week.  Here are a few pics of Peanut to celebrate her birthday.

Almost ready to go in the oven.

All done and ready to be enjoyed!

Yummy!  All gone!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished