9/1/11

BC Day 14

Day 14: A picture of you last year. How have you changed?




Here is a picture of my son and I last Christmas. As you can see, there isn't a whole lot different in my appearance. Same hair, same glasses, and when the weather turns cold in a few months, I'll be wearing the same clothes.

Although my appearance is mostly the same, I think my attitude has changed a bit. In general, I feel I have finally arrived at a healthy mindset with my food, exercise and appearance issues. At least I feel I can claim this most days, and I am very grateful for that.

I don't worry as much about what I eat or don't eat. Food doesn't consume my thoughts each day. I don't often feel I need to exercise extra to make up for any indulgence. For the most part, I feel very comfortable with my food and exercise habits. And more importantly (to me) I'm finally comfortable with my appearance. Overall, I feel very satisfied with me. That is not something I say lightly. And it is not something I could say often in my life. I am so glad to be able to say these things today. I still have bad days or set backs but I seem to have much better perspective about the whole picture of a healthy me. This has been a long time coming. And I am grateful for each day I can claim this attitude. I still believe I will always struggle with food to some degree but for now, I feel like I have arrived to the next place (finally) where I am not controlled by these thoughts and I can still make good choices. This change has been a terrific change that has led to an emotional freedom.

These changes probably can't be seen in a picture but I can feel them each day. And I'm glad this blog challenge helped me to realize this change and put it in writing.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished