9/19/11

BC Day 26

Day 26: My Dream Wedding
--------------
If I were to plan my wedding today, I would do so many things different.  For years, I've said I'd wear a different dress, choose a different color for the dresses of my bridesmaids and hire a different photographer.   I'd also make sure I removed the price tag off the bottom of our Unity Candles set.  Until recently, that was the most I'd thought about a wedding redo.

But the other day, I was talking with someone and got to thinking about how I would love to have my wedding in the Fall (I was a June bride).  Fall is my favorite season of the year.  I also would love to have an outdoor wedding.  This way we could incorporate the beauty of Fall into the decorations.  The flowers and bouquets would be Fall inspired as well.  My reception would be outside as well.  I would still aim to keep things simple.

The photographer we had did a horrible job so almost anyone else would be an improvement.  But I've noticed as wedding pictures are shared on Facebook, a new trend in candid outdoor wedding poses.  I love this idea.  I would definitely want some of those shots.

Shopping for a dress would be so much more fun at this much smaller size.  I haven't given much thought to what the dress would look like.  I just know that it wouldn't look like the one I chose almost 12 years ago.

With all of this said, I am not big on weddings.  I don't know why this image flew through my mind during this conversation with my friend.  As I said earlier, I've never given much thought to a "dream wedding", which is probably why the night before the big day, I was so frustrated that every one kept asking ME where I wanted everything and everyone.  I just wanted someone to tell me where everyone should go.  Oh well.  I also realize that we were 23, just out of college, and on a pretty tight budget.  Looking back, my wedding day was just a day I had to get through so that I could marry Andy.  Probably not your typical memory of a wedding day.  I was too young to really know what I wanted in a ceremony, decorations and other decision making areas.  But I'm happy to say that over 11 years later, I can say I got the right groom.  At least, on most days I'd say that, haha!  ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished