9/30/11

My Favorite Season


I live in Pennsylvania.  PA is a great state to live in for many reasons.  One of which is that we get to enjoy all four seasons.  Not all places can say that.  There is something to appreciate about all four seasons.   I love the pretty flowers bursting out of the ground and the bright green of the new grasses and leaves as they grow in Spring.  In Summer, I enjoy warm nights on my patio.   I often feel very small as I look at the night sky filled with stars.  And the beach, I love the beach in the summer.  Winter can be very pretty.  I love to watch the snow fall.  And it always surprises me how the sounds outside become muted when there is a heavy snowfall.

My favorite season though is Fall.  The temperature can be warm or cool.  But usually not too extreme either way.  Dressing in layers is perfect during this season.  The air feels different in the Fall.  It is crisp.  You can see the leaves change and begin to fall.  I am naturally drawn to the colors of Fall.  A cup of hot tea or hot chocolate is the perfect way to end a busy day.  In the Fall, you can still get outside and the windows can still be opened to allow fresh air into the house.

I think my fascination with Fall started when I was in college.  My college was built in a valley surrounded by tree covered mountains on all sides.  It was an amazing sight to see the leaves change.  One morning during my freshman year, I looked out the window and said to my roommate, "it looks like a huge bowl of fruity pebbles out there".  And it did.  So many colors so close together.  The colors of Fall are so rich.

The smells of Fall are my favorite too.  I associate the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon with this season.  Yummy, Yum, Yum!  And the big Holidays are just around the corner where tables all over will be covered with lots of yummy comfort foods.  Hearty foods, like turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes and fantastic pies :)  Such a wonderful time of year.

A flower arrangement I made for my kitchen table.


Decorating during this season is also great.  The pumpkins, hay, corn and mums can be arranged in so many ways.  There is so much to enjoy as you drive through the neighborhood.  Little splashes of color can be warm up any room in the house.  A gourd placed on a table.  Mums silk or fresh on the mantle.





There is so much I enjoy about this season.  Summer was fun.  And I was sad to see it go.  But there will be another one next year.  I am looking forward to this season.  Enjoying the outside world around me.  Noticing the beauty all around.  What is your favorite thing about Fall?  I'd love to read what you like about this season.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished