10/19/11

Cool and Dreary

Cool and dreary.  You guessed it, I'm describing the weather.  Again.  I am not against rain.  And I do enjoy the cooler weather that Fall brings, but this rain, day after day is just depressing.  I hear it everywhere I go.  "Enough of this rain", "More rain today, can you believe it?"  "I'm sick of this rain"...you get the picture.

It's hard to keep the windows open to let in the fresh air.  The coolness just feel damp because of the rain. The temperatures which would be great for the kids to play outside are wasted because everything is wet and which keeps them in the house.  It is frustrating.

Who wants to clean the house in the rain?  Who wants to carry groceries into the house?  Not me.  I want to curl up on the couch and sleep.  I want to drink coffee and read.  I want soup for dinner and comfy clothes.  Oh, and of course, chocolate would make it better, for a little while at least ;).  Guess what?  I'm not the only one who feels this way.  If you scroll through my Facebook page, many of my "friends" are posting the same ideas.  Ugh!  And it is only Wednesday.  Its getting to the point where I don't want to look at the weather reports because they keep taking my sunshine away.  I'd rather be oblivious and find out with the first raindrop that its gonna be another wet one.  Of course, the drawback is that my poor Doggie Girl has been left out a few times in the rain.  Oops!  Surprisingly, she doesn't seem to mind.  But I still feel bad about leaving her in the rain.

Some day it will feel like a true Fall day.  We've had a few really nice days, but not many.  I'm staying hopeful that soon this rain is going to realize it hit the wrong season and takes a break to wait for Spring.  If the rain does hold out for Spring, then I'll have something to write about a few seasons from now.

What does a streak of rainy days make you want to do?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished