10/27/11

A Week of Workouts

I love to exercise.  I get bored easily so I need to keep it fresh to stay motivated.  So here is a glimpse of my workout schedule.  I love my local YMCA.  I love the variety of classes.  I am very happy with the instructors.

Monday:  Cardio Intervals
Monday Night:  Most Monday evenings I go back and take Pilates on the Ball (this is the only day do two workouts but the Pilates feels sooooo good and I barely work up a sweat, so it almost doesn't count)
Tuesday: Boxing (Woo-hoo my favorite!  I change my schedule around to take this class)
Wednesday: Either Cardio Intervals or Zumba
Thursday: Muscle Works
Friday:  I do something at home this day.  I may do Zumba, Cardio Intervals or strength training.  Whatever I'm in the mood for.

Some weeks, I take a step class.  I may also take Cardio Interval with different instructors, it just depends on what day or time I catch that class.  Some weeks, I take more Zumba.  That's what so great about belonging to the Y.  There is a set schedule filled with an impressive assortment of classes.  With minimal planning on my part, I can do whatever I feel like doing each day.

I take the weekend off from organized exercise.   Gotta give this body some time to rest.  That's it.  This is a typical week of workouts for me.  The hour I exercise, is this Momma's time for myself.  I love to work hard, push myself, sweat like crazy and have fun with my friends(old and new) while I'm doing it.  But then I want to go  home and shower, get dressed and feel good about the way I take care of myself.  Sometimes, I sore, but in these moments, I think back to my over 200 lb. self and I'm so happy to be where I am now.  I carry on with my day and know that I've done my best.  And then I look forward to my "power hour" of the next day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished