10/10/11

A Winner for Lunch!

Today is Columbus Day which means the Mini's have no school.  As I was browsing my cookbooks this weekend for dinner ideas, I stumbled across a great idea for lunch.  Something different from the classic PB&J or lunch-meat sandwiches.  Since both kiddos were going to be home today, I planned on trying this new lunch idea on this day.

Wrap n' Roll...

I'm happy to say my kiddos really enjoyed their lunch today.  I was thrilled to see that the recipe made 8 wraps and that they freeze well!  That means that my son's lunch is basically packed for tomorrow ;)

What you need:
Can of beans, rinsed and drained.
salsa
cream cheese
sliced ham
flour tortillas

Rinse and drain your beans.  Mash the beans in a bowl with a fork.  Add about 1/4 cup of salsa.  Add about 1/4 cup of softened cream cheese.  Mix very well.  Pour about 1/4 cup of bean mix onto one flour tortilla.  Spread mix evenly almost to the edges.  Place a slice of ham on top of the beans.  Roll the wrap.  Serve and enjoy!

I wasn't too sure about the ham and bean mix going together.  But all three of us ate our wraps without complaint.  I don't know about your house, but complaining about what is served for a meal is a painful reality at this house.  It sucks but it happens.  To which I say, "its your lunch/dinner, eat it or be hungry".  Anyway, I didn't think the ham/bean combination tasted odd at all.  This was a great lunch.  Very filling and filled with healthy stuff.  I'm glad I gave it a try.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished