11/7/11

Menu Monday

I'm back on the Menu planning bandwagon.  It really doesn't take much time to put together and it makes week night dinner prep work so much easier.  This week I did a little something extra.

I googled, "menu planner template" and found exactly what I was looking for.  These templates can be as simple or detailed as you are looking for.  Do a quick search, spend a few minutes finding one that suits your needs.  I wasn't looking for much.  I found a template at orgjunkie.com.  There is a space for each day of the week.  There is also a spot to jot down the recipe source.  This is great for someone like me who finds recipes from an ever-growing pile of cookbooks, cooking apps on my iPhone as well as any magazine that inspires a meal.  Also included is a space to list the groceries you need to make these planned meals.  Not much to it.

For this week, I am looking forward to making:
Pork w/ hot pineapple glaze and zucchini fries
Ravioli Vegetable Soup
Fiesta Chicken Casserole
Homemade Chicken Nuggets with a salad
Turkey Meatloaf with Balsamic Roasted Veggies

I was smart while I did my planning for this week.  I didn't actually use the Grocery List on the menu planner.  I keep a running list on the fridge throughout the week so when I realize I need something I just add it to the list.  I grabbed my  list and as I planned out my meals, I wrote down any ingredients I am going to need.   So in about 30 minutes, I found a menu planner template, planned 5 meals, and wrote my grocery list.  That seems like a very efficient use of time to me.  If any of these meals sound interesting to you, just leave a comment and I will be sure to post the recipe.  Thanks!

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished