11/23/11

A Moment To Be Thankful

                                                 


This November is a good month for reflecting on the things we are thankful for since it is the month that we celebrate Thanksgiving.  Many of my friends on Facebook, have taken this month and posted every day one thing they are thankful for.  I thought this was a great idea, but I for some unknown reason, I did not jump on this opportunity.  I may not have shared a daily post on what I'm thankful for in my life, but I have enjoyed reading what the people in my life, both near and far are thankful for.  

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  I made my first apple pie a little while ago.  That was fun for me.  Holidays can be so stressful.  We look forward to spending the time with people we love but often run ourselves ragged trying to prepare for the event.  Between cooking and cleaning, throw some kids, a husband, two cats and a dog in the mix and things can get pretty tense.  I decided to make this pie ahead of time so I have one less thing to do tomorrow when there is so much to be done.  So today, I am going to list the things that I am thankful for in mental preparation of the holiday we will celebrate tomorrow.  

I am thankful for...
  • my children
  • my husband
  • the health of my family
  • my Savior died for me
  • my friends
  • that I can walk and exercise and love to exercise
  • that my sister lives on the East Coast now so we will see her more often...on Thanksgiving for example ;)
  • our parents are great with the kiddos
  • we have a wonderful home
  • we have food to eat
  • Andy has a job where he is able to provide for us
  • I am able to stay home with the Mini's 
  • my church family 
  • we have the extra car (that's paid for no matter how much I dislike driving it)
  • I have sight so I can see the beauty that God has created
  • my children are doing well in school
This list could go on and on.  I don't want to bore anyone.  Probably no surprises on this list.  Your list may look very similar.  Being thankful is something that comes pretty naturally to me and I like that.  I hope my children learn how to be thankful and appreciate the things in their lives.

What is one thing you are thankful for?  Leave a comment below.

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished