11/17/11

Totally Random Thought

                                                            


The moment when I feel best about myself each day is probably when I just finish getting ready for the day.  Now, this is NOT early in the morning.  This is after the kiddo is at school.  Homework with the little one is done.  My workout is done and maybe a few other things as well.  After I get out of the shower, get dressed, style my hair and put on my makeup...this is probably my best moment.  I finally feel put together and confident.  I am ready to face the rest of the day.  Sometimes, this feeling flits away by the time I get downstairs.  Other days, this good feeling may last a bit longer.  But there is just something about that one moment when I look in the mirror and think, "I'm done.  I'm ready now."

The next moment of my day that I truly look forward to, takes place many hours later.  This time, homework with the big kid is done.  Dinner is made and cleaned up.  Lunch is packed for the next day.  We have prayed and tucked the Mini's into bed.  This moment is when I have put on my jammies and have washed my face.  No matter what kind of day I've had, when I wash my face and change into my comfy PJs, its like I get to start all over again.  In this peaceful state of mind, I go downstairs and make a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows or enjoy a biscotti with hot tea.  Ahhh...the next few hours are mine.  This is time that Andy and I catch up.  We may watch a little TV.  But most nights, I just curl up with a book.

Of course I look forward to many, many moments in between these daily rituals.  I find it interesting that I get a similar sense of satisfaction from both putting myself together  as I prepare to face the day as well as washing it all away as I unwind from that very  same day.  

And there you have it...my totally random thought!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished