11/22/11

Where Will You Be...

...At midnight on Black Friday?  I had to laugh yesterday when I was at the mall and more than one sales associate shared that the stores would be opening at midnight on Black Friday.  I smiled and responded to both women, "That's nice, I'll be sleeping in my bed at midnight on Black Friday".  I do not get the circus that Black Friday has become.

Don't get me wrong, I am a shopper at heart.  I have LOTS of experience when it comes to shopping (haha!).  Shopping for others, shopping for myself.  Even shopping for strangers.  And saving money is always great!  For two reasons....1. I get to tell my hubby "it was on sale" and 2. I get to buy more things with the money I saved on the sale item ;).  But I have never been out to shop on Black Friday.  It all seems so crazy.  Seeing on the news about grown people fighting over items (usually toys) on the shelves.  Standing in lines that wrap around the store.  Uh-uh, not for me.  Who has the patience for that?   Again, not me.

When my second child was born, I discovered online shopping.  What an amazing invention.  Of course, it is very easy to get carried away but truthfully, I get carried away in the stores as well.  Sadly, I must admit I am a spender.  I hang my head in shame as I type these words.

I realize it is a tradition for some.  But as each year seems to get crazier in the stores, I don't think I could bring myself to start this particular tradition.  I am quite happy to start my shopping early (October-ish) and tuck them away as they come to my front door.  I've learned a few tricks to save on shipping, which helps.

Please don't read too much into this opinion.  If you enjoy the crowds, traditions and great price breaks, that's great.  Just know I am one less person you will have to battle the crowds for that "perfect gift".  Is Black Friday shopping a part of your Holiday traditions?  Leave a comment and share if you will be one to brave the crowds this year.

1 comment :

  1. I start my Christmas shopping in July! Black Friday has never been a part of my shopping routine, as I tend to dislike crowds. Jon and I actually started going out early in the morning on Black Friday and just driving around looking at all the people standing in line waiting for stores to open.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished