12/2/11

Dinner Hit!


Last night was the final night the kids and I were on our own for dinner.  Our Daddy has been away  for his week of hunting.  I was really impressed with this meal and the Mini's made quick work of their food, which is always a good thing.

Homemade sweet potato fries and chicken tenders with a side of green beans was on the menu at our house.  This was the first time I made the fries as well as the first time I made the chicken tenders with this method.  I will absolutely be making these again.  I will admit, the green beans came from the can but you have to cut me a break, I was trying two new recipes as well as helping with homework.  

Sweet Potato Fries:  I peeled and cut two sweet potatoes to look like fries.  Then I placed the "fries" into a ziplock bag.  Put in a little olive oil and tossed.  Spread the fries on a baking sheet (preheat oven to 400*) and bake for about 40 mins.  Keep an eye on the fries to make sure they don't over cook.

Chicken Tenders:  I cut  my chicken breasts into tenders.  In one bowl, I put 1Cup of whole wheat flour.  In another bowl, I put the equivalent of four eggs.  In a final bowl, I put 2 1/2Cups of Panko Bread Crumbs.  Dip the chicken in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs.  Place on a baking sheet.  Cook for about 20 mins.  Internal temp. should be 165*

Both of these new recipes were very simple and well worth any work that was involved.  The chicken tenders were very crunchy without being fried.  I like any recipe that the kiddos are happy to eat without any fuss.  




Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished