12/21/11

Getting Ready For Christmas

Tonight we didn't have to rush out the door after dinner. We had a relaxing evening stretched before us so the kids and I got busy.

Year after year I struggle over Teacher Gifts. What should I give? Is it enough? One year I tried to make fudge. That was three batches of disaster. I have no idea what I did wrong but it definitely didn't turn out.

This year, I thought of our gift idea a few months ago. It was so simple. I am going to give my homemade granola to the teachers this year. Tonight I got the Mini' set up at the table to make Christmas cards for their teacher. While they were busy creating their card, I made my granola. When we finished with those jobs, the kids each made an ornament to give their teacher. This was a fun way to spend our evening. Both of the kiddos enjoyed making something to give their teacher. I loved listening to them while they worked on their projects. Thursday is the last day of school before the break. I know they will both be so excited to give their special gift to their teachers. And I know that I don't need to worry this year about the gift that comes from our house. That is a huge relief.

1 comment :

  1. Lovely idea! At our house we did all different kinds of chocolates in ornamental cans. What's better than edible gifts from the heart?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished