12/16/11

Random Thought

                                                          

I had a revelation about myself the other day.  It's not exactly earth shattering but I have found myself thinking about this new insight ever since the discovery.  I love journals.  There are such beautiful journals out there to be bought, brought home.   Thoughts and memories are to be recorded in these journals and they are a written history of a person's life, from that person's perspective.  What a treasure.

Some people write in a journal to pass down their experiences to the next generation.  Some people write for themselves, as a way to process their world around them.  Page after page is filled with  words that describe emotions and problems and dreams and failures.

I have quite a collection of journals tucked away in different places in my house.  But the thing with me is that I don't write in those journals.  I seem to like the idea of a journal.  Actually writing in a journal is something I never keep up with.  I was cleaning out my nightstand last week and I found three different journals that had just a few things written in each.  What a waste.

I don't know why I can't keep up with a journal.  I really do like the idea of writing in a journal.  And I always find myself looking at new journals when I am in certain stores.  I'm not sure what my fascination is all about.

So the revelation?  I was thinking about my many unfinished (barely started) journals and I realized that Java Talk is like my journal.  This is where I write down my ideas, my concerns, the things that make me laugh, etc.    It isn't as pretty as having a nice book to flip through and pass on to my children one day.  But the process is still there.  I really enjoy writing my blog.  It is therapeutic to some degree and yet it is just fun.  This is my creative outlet and I am very thankful for this opportunity to write and share my ideas.  With that in mind, I believe I write Java Talk for myself.  I would write it even if no one ever saw these entries.  I am touched that there are people who are interested in what I have to say enough to read my blog regularly.  Thank you for taking the time to read Java Talk, I appreciate your support.

1 comment :

  1. Dawn, you can also have your blog printed out, with pictures, if you want. Look into it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished