1/27/12

Bean and Bacon Wrap

                                                             

I don't usually post two recipes in a row but this was very quick to make and according to the panel (1 Mini, 1 husband and myself) this is definitely a do-over. Give it a try this weekend for something a little different.

Most days we enjoy the same type of lunch around here.  Sandwich, fruit, maybe a salad or some pretzels, etc.  Today, I felt like trying something new.  I had planned this meal as a dinner for the week but decided to shake things up a bit and enjoy this for lunch instead.

I cooked, drained and crumbled a few slices of bacon.  In a medium bowl, mix one can of re-fried beans, one can of rinsed and drained kidney beans and bacon.  If you want, you can add chopped celery, onion, peppers, garlic, etc. (whatever flavors you enjoy) at this point too.  Stir mix very well.

Spread the bean mix onto a 8" flour tortilla, sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.  Roll the wrap.  You can eat this cold.  I put warmed it on my panini maker.  Super yummy!  I loved it and my Girl Mini gobbled it down too making the happy sound of "mmm, mmm.".

That makes this wrap a winner in my book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished