1/29/12

Dear Diary,

I actually don't write in a diary. But any time I write about my feelings towards this upcoming surgery, I have titled it, Dear Diary.  I think that's kind of funny.

I have to be at the hospital at 6:15am on Monday morning.  I am okay with the early time.  Less time to miss my breakfast and coffee.  This also means I shouldn't get a caffeine headache.

I had my final workout session this morning.  I have totally mixed feelings about that.  On one hand, I am that much closer to getting this surgery over with.  On the other hand, I am going to miss the exercise and outlet I have discovered in boxing.  But I've got my house cleaned, and my Mother in Law is due tomorrow to take care of the kiddos on Monday, so it looks like, I'm ready.

Tomorrow, is going to be a slow day.  I'm ready to get home and start this recovery.  Next week is going to be a tough one to get through, but it will pass.  I have wonderful friends and family who love me very much.  I have already had many phone calls, texts and face to face conversations with people who want to stop over and visit with me during my first week home.  And then, I've had several friends offer to walk with me at the Y the following week when I am up and need to get out of the house.  I am going to take them up on them those offers ;)

I am very blessed.  When I start to get worried or overwhelmed by what lies ahead, I want to focus on how I will someday soon feel better physically.  I do not remember what it is like to not hurt every day.  I want to think about all the people who are routing for me and want to be there for me.  And I want to think on when I will be able to run the stairs again and work my lower body at the gym.  I have some hard days ahead but I know they will pass.  I'm trying to remember this is all temporary and I will be better in the long run so this will all be worth it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished