1/5/12

Dinner Tonight

I have been very unmotivated in the dinner department which leads to no preplanned menu, which leads to no inspiration to cook each night. Which leads to...you get the idea I'm sure.

Today I was at the local Giant and bought a premade pizza crust that my family likes. But when I got home, I decided to try something new. I made my first ever homemade pizza crust. It was an easy process. And I have a feeling I'll be this again soon.

The pizza was a winner. Every one around the table gave it two thumbs up! That made me feel pretty good. Here is how to make your own pizza crust. Now I just need to learn how to throw the crust in the air while I shape it into the proper pie shape.

Mix 1 1/2 cups of hot water with one .25 oz of Instant Dry Yeast. Let sit for about 5 minutes until the yeast has dissolved.

In another bowl, mix 3 1/2 C of flour (I made a wheat crust so I used 2 1/2 C of wheat flour and 1 C of all purpose), 2 T of olive oil, 2 t of salt and 1 t of sugar.

Pour into mixing bowl with yeast water. Use standing mixer to make this easier. Use the paddle to mix all the ingredients on low for about 5 mins. Switch paddle for the bread hook and let mix for about 10 more mins.



Remove from stand. Sprinkle a little olive oil in bowl. Roll dough into a ball. Cover with Saran wrap and leave out to rise for about an hour or so. The dough should double. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Split the dough ball into two balls. Roll out and spread into a pie shape.



Add any pizza toppings you prefer. I used sauce, mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni and a few sliced mushrooms.

Bake for about 15 mins until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!





If you bake the second crust at the same time, you can double wrap the crust in Saran wrap and freeze for a quick meal another night.

This was a successful experiment at our house. There wasn't anything really difficult. And once again, it feels good to make something healthy that everyone enjoyed.


Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished