1/31/12

Dreams

This is me (in the purple) doing what I love :)
                                                             

Dreams are funny things.  I think that sometimes our dreams do mean something and sometimes, they don't.  Often I can think back to a part of a dream and I'll know exactly why it was in my dream.  I can recall a conversation from earlier in the day or seeing something on TV for example and so it makes sense to me that those images would be woven through my dreams.

Now that I am home and healing, which means no boxing for me for a while, I have begun to search the web on boxing.  Nothing specific, just seeing what comes up and "surfing" from there.

I ended up on a Dream Dictionary site looking at the interpretation of boxing in your dreams  I found this info at http://www.myjellybean.com.  I have not had any dreams about boxing, I was just curious.  What I read was a little surprising to me.

To dream of a boxing ring, or to dream that you are boxing, suggests that you are experiencing some internal struggle or conflict. It may also indicate that you keep your emotions inside. In addition, this dream may be a wordplay on "boxing" things in, symbolizing that you are putting unnecessary limits on yourself and your goals.


The past few weeks have been very difficult for me, mentally and emotionally.  I would definitively say I was "experiencing some internal struggle...".  Also, I tend to stuff my uncomfortable emotions down deep, so I "keep my emotions inside".  


Again, I haven't had any dreams about my beloved boxing, but I found it very interesting how closely the dream interpretation paralleled my life recently.  I believe wholeheartedly that physically boxing was very helpful in working out those internal struggles and emotions I didn't want to face.  When I am boxing, I am in my Happy Place :)  Surgery is over and now I'm ready for the next step, recovery, so I can get back to what I love to do...Box!
                                                                      

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished