1/24/12

Think Good Thoughts

I am a fan of Colbie Caillat.  I really enjoy her music.  Recently, there is a song that has struck a cord with me.  The song is called, Think Good Thoughts.  Great song with such a positive message.

For some reason, it seems we are often our own worst enemies.  We tend to hold ourselves up to this standard that often isn't possible to achieve.  At least, I know I tend to do this and I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem.

A friend and I were talking about this kind of self talk yesterday.  And she said to me, "Would we say these things to our friends?  Our children?  Why do we speak to ourselves this way?"  Good question.

One line from this song that I can't get out of my head is...

                                     Don't let my negativity turn me into my enemy.


Wow, such a small phrase but they really hit home for me.  I can be very hard on myself.  And once those mean thoughts start coming, they tend to snowball and can get away from me pretty quickly.

So today I am going to keep thinking on this.  And when those negative thoughts pop up, I'm going to Think Good Thoughts and shake them off.  I challenge you to commit to the same and lets see if we can turn our self talk around so we can believe in ourselves, one Good Thought at a time.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished