1/26/12

Vegan Pumpkin Cookies

I love pumpkin.  It doesn't matter what time of year.  I stumbled across this recipe and decided to give it a try.  These are pretty tasty and they are as healthy as a cookie can get.  Also, I have a dear friend who has recently decided to go Vegan so  I thought I'd try a recipe that I could pass on to her.



You need:

2 C flour (I used one C white and 1 C wheat)

1 C sugar

1 t baking soda

1 t baking powder

1 t allspice

1 t cinnamon

1/8 t salt

1 C pumpkin (I used canned, not pie mix)

1/2 C unsweetened applesauce

1 t vanilla



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream together sugar, applesauce and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.  Stir in pumpkin, set aside.



In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.



Stir dry mix into creamed pumpkin mix and mix well.

Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake about 15 mins.

These were simple to make and they are great for a low calorie cookie. They aren't my favorite cookie ever but they were moist and full of flavor and filled the bakery item craving ;)

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished