2/28/12

A Big Year

I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I've never had much success with sticking to them so I have that tradition up long ago.

Today is my birthday. I am 35 on this day. I'm not worried about the number, in fact I see it as a something to celebrate. This may sound corny but a few years ago a child in our neighborhood died from an aggressive form of cancer. As a mother, that hit home pretty hard. I realized, we have no guarantees to make it to the dinner table much less our next birthday. So I chose to embrace each year because each birthday marks another year of memories and experiences for me.

This year I have a lot to look forward to. Both of my hips are now fixed. I find myself daydreaming about the different exercises I'm going to do and do well once I'm healed. I going to push myself to do new things and enjoy the feeling of knowing "I did it!".

I am also finding myself wanting to know more about what my strengths are. I am a mommy and a wife. The keeper of the house and animal caretaker. I enjoy these roles but I'm going to focus a little on myself and learn about what the woman I am.

It's gonna be a big year and hopefully a fun year. I'm looking forward to what lays ahead.




Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished