2/24/12

The Good Book I Haven't Finished

So I'm reading a book that is 849 pages long.  Of course, I am reading it on my Kindle so I don't know what page I'm on.  I'm about 68% through the book.

                                                                

What book?  It is 11/22/63 by Stephen King.  When I think of Stephen King, I think of Pet Cemetery or Cujo.  This book is very different.  I am really enjoying the book.  The problem is that it is so long and I feel like I'm never going to finish.  I will because I am very invested in how this book ends but it feels like I will never get to the end.

So without giving away too much, this book involves time travel and the attempt to prevent JFK from being assassinated on 11/22/63.  There are many themes throughout this book that I find interesting.  One theme is that history does not want to be changed.  Also, there are many parallels between the 2011 world the main character came from to the world he goes to live in from 1958 through 1963.  People from one time remind him of someone from another time.  Places he goes feel like places he has been.  Many times, the characters have similar features or names as someone from another time.  This is not a book about reincarnation, there are not enough years separating the different times for that to happen.  

This is a long read but I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for something to read.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished