2/7/12

A Little Humor

I promise this is not going to turn into a recovery blog.  But right now, this recovery is pretty all consuming.  So today I am going to share a few humorous moments I keep experiencing.

Remember, I am supposed to use my crutches for 4 weeks...I have one week down.

1.  My daughter shouts, "Busted!"  I respond, "Busted? For what?"  She says, "For not having your crutches" as I am carrying on with life as usual (as it can be right now).

2.  The moment of panic when I get to the next room and realize I walked away again without my crutches.  I'm sure I have made some hilarious faces at this exact moment.

3.  I cannot count the number of times I have finished doing something without the assistance of my crutches (seriously, its tough to empty the dishwasher, switch the laundry, get ready in the morning, etc with these things attached to my armpits) and then can't remember where I left them.  They are usually in two different places.

4.  I made it to the gym yesterday.  Yes, I am taking it very easy.  No cardio.  No boxing.  Just toning the upper body and some core work.  It was hilarious when my friend was helping me by carrying the crutches down the stairs for me (no I don't need them on the stairs).  As the hall got crowded we got separated.  When I got to the bottom I was trying to pick up the pace a little bit and thought to myself to an outsider, it must have looked like he was keeping them away from me.

So why do I need these crutches?  I seem to get along well enough without them, right?  Well, the doc has me scared into keeping them around.  He says they are not for weight baring.  They are a reminder not to twist.  If I twist too quickly or the wrong way, I risk breaking my hip (Gulp!) or re-tearing the tear that he repaired.

1 comment :

  1. Leave it to Audrey to keep an eye on you! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished