2/16/12

Patience

They say patience is a virtue. And for many years I have tried to become a more patient person. With others as well as myself. There have been some positive steps in this area but it is soooo hard.

With that said, I think I've been very patient with my recovery and limitations. I'm trying really hard to listen to my body and not overdo it. The last thing I want is to set my progress back and have to wait even longer to get back to my life as usual.

That doesn't mean I don't wish things were different. That doesn't mean I don't stare longingly at my boxing gloves. But I really am trying.

Yesterday I woke up and I was feeling so good. Almost no tenderness and in good spirits. My Girl Mini had a friend over all morning which was great because then I didn't have to entertain her and I could tackle some of the housework that has been neglected since my surgery.

I was on a roll. From one task to another. Kitchen clean, check. Several loads of laundry washed, dried and folded, check. All bathrooms cleaned, check. Dinner prep done, check. You get the picture. It felt so good to be productive and to get things in order. To feel a little like life before surgery. It felt great in fact, until it didn't.

I just kept going from one thing to the next and the next. When I finally sat down, I knew without a doubt I had overdone it. I hurt. And I was exhausted. Simple housework was all it took to knock me off my feet. I was feeling the effects of my productive morning for the rest of the day.

I am feeling very good. I am making quick progress. BUT I am still healing. And now physical therapy is included into my week so my muscles are tired from that work too. I am in no way complaining. I am just realizing that as much as I'm ready for this to be behind me, this is going to take time. And I am just going to have to be patient.


Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished