2/10/12

Pintrest, A Virtual Pinboard

                                                          

I kept hearing talk about Pintrest.  On Facebook, I kept seeing different "pins" from Pintrest.  But what is Pintrest?  I went to the website to check it out and I still didn't understand but it was free so I thought, "Why not?" and I attempted to sign up.

I say I attempted because you have to be invited to Pintrest.  You submit a request and then you later receive an invite via email to sign up.  I was a little put off by this whole idea but I decided to submit the request.  A few days later I opened my invitation and created my account.

Once I was "in" I had no idea what I was doing.  There are thousands (probably more) of pictures of things.  Anything you can imagine.  And each picture leads you to a link of how to make or do that something.  Whoa!  Overload!  What to do with all these images?

Pintrest is a virtual pinboard.  That is how the website describes itself.  And basically it is a place to come if you are looking for ideas on anything.  If you like something, you "repin" it and it shows up on your pinboard.  Then your followers can see what you like and then if they feel so moved, they can repin it to their pinboard.  These images are divided into catagories such as, Home Decor, Food & Drink, Fitness, Holidays, DIY & Crafts, Film, Music & Books, etc.   Once you've pinned something to your pinboard you can share it to your Facebook wall so your FB friends can check it out too.

I have found some great recipes here on Pintrest.  This morning my kiddos will enjoy Apple Pie Oatmeal that I made in the crockpot last night and is ready to eaten when they wake up.  For a party we recently attended, I brought Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles...Yum!

It is an interesting site for sure.  You really have to play around with it to fully understand it.  If you haven't checked into Pintrest, I think you should give it a try.  Seeing these images can be very motivating but consider yourself warned, it is very easy to get lost in the world of Pintrest and time will get away from you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished