3/8/12

Another Winner For Dinner!

Yesterday I was feeling uninspired as to what to make for dinner. As the day went by, my choices were getting limited (no slow cooker). So I decided to adjust a recipe I made last week and see what happened. It was a hit!

Last week, I made the Brown Sugar and Basalmic Glazed Pork Loin. Last night, I used chicken, switched an ingredient or two and made it in the oven (not the slow cooker). Wow! Dinner was eaten with gusto!

Preheat oven to 400. Place thawed chicken breast in baking dish. In a saucepan, heat 1/2 c brown sugar, 1T cornstarch, 1/4 c Basalmic vinegar, 1/2 c water and 2 T teriyaki sauce.

Once sauce thickens, pour over chicken. My chicken is sliced thinly so it only took about 22 mins to cook. I flipped the chicken once. Pour extra sauce over chicken once placed on your plate. Enjoy!

It still amazes me how much fun I have when I stray from a recipe. For years, I followed a recipe to the final period. Now, I tend to use a recipe as a starting point and often make changes along the way.


Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished