3/21/12

Book Review of Hunger Games

                                                  

It seems that lately there is much to be read about the book Hunger Games.  The movie is being released this week.  So it seems like a good time to offer my review.  Hunger Games was the selection for this month for my Book Club.  I will be honest, I had no real interest in reading this book.  But in the spirit of Book Club, I read it and I am so glad that I did.

This follows a group of kids ages 12-18 who have been selected by lottery to play in the game of their life.  Or more accurately, they are chosen to play in a game where the winner is the only one who survives.  That's right, these kids are forced to kill or be killed and it all takes place on in front of an audience via television.  It is Reality TV gone too far.

This is book is very well written.  It was a very quick read.  It is upsetting to think of these children having to fight for their survival while the rest of the country watches.  But despite the story line, this is not a horror story filled with gore.

My only real complaint as the reader was that it ended so abruptly.  Although I felt like I was left hanging, I really couldn't expect anything else since Hunger Games is the first book of a trilogy.  I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who has been wondering what all the buzz is about.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished