3/1/12

Dinner Tonight...Bacon-Wrapped Apple Chicken

A long time ago, I stumbled across a cookbook that I use often.  The $5 Breakfast and Lunch Mom Cookbook.  The other night, I found the $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook, so I quickly added it to my pile of cookbooks ;)

Tonight we are trying a new chicken recipe from this cookbook.  Bacon-Wrapped Apple Chicken. Doesn't that sound awesome?  This is a Crockpot meal (love that!) and it was super easy to prepare (gotta love that too!).

Here it is...

Place chicken breast in crockpot.  Mix 1/2 C of bbq sauce with one peeled and grated apple and 1 T lemon juice.  Pour bbq mix over chicken.  Wrap bacon over each sauced chicken breast.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  That's it!  So easy.  And I can only imagine how good this is going to taste.  With these ingredients, I don't think you can go wrong.  I'm looking forward to my house smelling good as the day progresses.

1 comment :

  1. Dawn, this recipe was great! We modified a little bit. We marinated and seasoned some boneless chicken breast. Then the kids and I wrapped each one in bacon. They had a blast doing this and then we put them on a baking sheet flipping once through the cooking time. Once it was cooked all the way through, we sauced and broiled. These came out absolutely delicious. Thanks for sharing not only a yummy dinner, but a fun family dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished