3/2/12

An Honest Moment...

So this is going to be a big year for me.  I have said this countless times already.  I truly believe this.  One way that I am going to see this happen is by getting certified to teach Kickboxing.  Whew!  I did it.  I put it in writing. That was a lot harder than you might think.

I've wanted to do this for a while.  I let one opportunity pass because I was too insecure to take that step.  But timing is everything, right?  Don't get me wrong, I'm really nervous about all of this.  But I'm also excited. By completing this certification process, I know I will feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment.  If you know me or have been following Java Talk for any length of time, you know I love to box.  This is a natural road for me to take.  So in the words of a dear friend, I decided to "take a breath, and do it"...register for the course, that is.  I did it.

Just committing to this workshop felt pretty good.  And then my materials showed up in the mail.  GULP!  I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this.  This particular certification through this organization, (AFAA) seems to be very book focused.  Learning things like, biomechanics and...okay, I just freaked at the word biomechanics.

After a few moments of panic and feeling sick at the thought of what I have gotten myself into, I took a breath and gave myself a pep talk.  I have until May to learn this information.  It has been more than a decade since I've had to "do school stuff" but I can do it again.  I am still intimidated by what lies ahead. But if the worst that can happen is that I DON'T pass the certification, then I am going to be okay.  I don't think it will come to the worst case, I will be prepared.  I can live with the worst case scenario so I have nothing to lose and so much to gain from this experience.  So here I go, my first big step towards my Big Year...

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished