3/12/12

Peanut Butter Waffles

                                                   

Yep!  I said Peanut Butter Waffles...YUMMY!  I got a waffle maker (which I really wanted) for Christmas.  And so a few days a month, I like to try new waffle recipes.  I made these for lunch and everyone loved them.  The kiddos were raving and the plates were empty in speedy fashion.  I had to make a substitute for the milk (see below) and I kept that info to myself until after the meal.  The Hubby would never had tried them otherwise.  As we were cleaning up, he added the compliment that it was the "perfect amount of peanut butter flavor".  Not bad for a throw together family meal.

Here is what you need:
2C all-purpose flour
2 T baking powder
1 T firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4t salt
2 eggs
3T unsalted butter or margarine, melted
2/3C creamy peanut butter (I used my homemade PB)
1 3/4C milk (I used vanilla flavored almond milk because we were out of regular milk...I did have to keep adding more almond milk to get the desired consistency for the batter.  I just poured and mixed after the initial 1 3/4C until I was satisfied.)

Directions:
Preheat waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray (both sides).  In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt.  In separate bowl, using a whisk, beat eggs, butter, peanut butter and milk until foamy.  Pour PB mix into dry ingredients until smooth.

Pour mix onto waffle iron and close.  Cook about 2-3 mins. until waffles are done.  And enjoy!  Another easy and tasty meal :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished