4/18/12

Do You Use Coupons?

Are you a coupon user? Sometimes I say I'm going to use coupons and save money. Every once and a while, I actually cut out a stack of coupons that I can use. And then...they expire.

So, I am not a coupon user. I am in awe an wonder as I hear stories from my friends who do use them and save tons of money. And of course, when you hear of extreme couponers who walk away with hundreds of dollars of merchandise for $6.00 or end up getting money from the store!

Yesterday I was reading Dear Abby and it was about coupons. But it was from store's perspective. The readers were responding to the shoppers who leave coupons on the shelves for some other consumer to use. I've seen this many times. I've probably even done this at some point. It seemed that the store employees were much against this practice. The employees were saying that the coupons usually end up on the floor or swept down into drains and can cause several hazards.

I was kind of surprised by this perspective. Honestly I never thought about the coupons left behind. And considering I am not a coupon user, it's not really something I'm worried about. But I thought it was an interesting perspective and thought I'd pass it along.


Thanks for reading Java Talk. Please share your thoughts below.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished