5/17/12

Finding Contentment

Deep thought for the day...focus on the moment you are in. This is a reminder for myself. I am the kind of person who is doing one thing but thinking ahead about two or three other things that I will be doing. Sometimes I am focus on the unpleasant thoughts, you know, things that I don't want to do. Sometimes my thoughts are on good things that are coming up. But either way, I am robbing myself as well as the people around me of my full attention in the present moment. Because my mind is always thinking about what needs to be done, or what I want to do, I often find myself discontent with where I am right now.

I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish this feat of being in the preset moment but I definitely think that being aware of this is a step in the right direction. The "other" things, good and bad will still happen. And in theory I can handle them when they are in my present moment.

Honestly, I know this is going to take a lot of practice. And knowing the type of person I am, it isn't going to be easy. But I don't want to look back when older and see how I missed out on so much because I couldn't keep my head in the moment.

What about you? Do you struggle with always thinking ahead? Being prepared is one thing but I need to be careful not to plan for a future moment at the expense of a present moment.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished